Cut To Size
Plastic Depot CONFIGURATOR
What Can You Do in the Configurator?
Custom Cuts Made Easy: Use our powerful configurator to order precise custom cuts tailored to your specifications. Beyond standard shapes, our configurator offers a wide range of customization options, giving you limitless creative possibilities.
Unique Special Shapes
- Text shape
- Window shape
Edge Processing Options
- Angle cuts
- specify curve area radius for each corner
- Text cutouts inside the sheet
- Individual symbols, numbers
- Laser engraving
- Holes, Bores, Countersinks
- Rectangular cutouts and notches
Precise Results, Quality, and Speed: Expect precise cuts, high-quality processing, and fast implementation with a fair price-performance ratio.
Applications of Acrylic
Acrylic, also known as plexiglass or acrylic glass, is a highly versatile material that finds applications in a wide range of industries and projects. Its exceptional clarity, durability, and ease of customization make it a popular choice for various purposes. Let’s explore the diverse applications where acrylic truly shines:
|– Animal Enclosures|
– Art Installations
– Boat Windows
– Commercial Spaces
– Design and Furniture
– Door Glazing
– Exhibition and Display Stands
– Extra Security
– Greenhouse Windows
|– Sheeting for Pergola|
– Street Furniture
– Table Top / Table Top Protector
– Thermal Insulation
– Vacuum Chamber
– Vehicle Fit Outs
– Window Replacements
Acrylics processing options
Acrylics can be processed in various ways to meet your specific needs:
Cutting: Choose from sawing, lasering, or milling techniques to achieve precise dimensions and shapes.
Joining: Use suitable adhesives for bonding acrylic pieces together. Pay attention to selecting the right glue for optimal results.
Surface Finishing: Enhance the appearance of acrylics through engraving, satin finishing, grinding, or polishing techniques.
Customization: Explore options like printing, pasting, laminating, varnishing, or painting to add personalized designs or colors to acrylic surfaces.
Shaping: Acrylics can be deformed through bending and tempering processes to achieve desired forms or angles.
Drilling: Create holes in acrylic sheets as needed for specific applications
Questions and Asnwers
Can acrylic be used in bathrooms ?
Acrylic can be used for bathroom splashbacks, shower splashbacks, and bath panels.
Because acrylic is so light, lifting acrylic and fixing it to walls is a fairly straightforward DIY task.
How can I clean acrylic ?
Is acrylic suitable for outdoor use ?
Yes, acrylic can be used outside.
What are the advantages of acrylic over glass?
- Acrylic is very clear - it lets through 92% of the visible light as opposed to 80% to 90% for glass.
- Glass reflects more light than acrylic and the thicker the glass the more discolouration you will notice. No matter what the thickness of clear acrylic, it will always be clear.
- Scratches can be polished out of acrylic but scratched glass cannot be repaired.
- Acrylic does not shatter into sharp shards like glass. Acrylic breaks into large pieces with relatively blunt edges.
- Acrylic scratches easier than glass but surface scratching can be polished out of acrylic while glass would most likely need to be replaced.
- Acrylic is 20% more efficient than glass in reducing temperature flux which means that the outside temperature penetrates the acrylic less easily that it would penetrate glass.
We offer standard, next day and named day delivery services.
Our larger orders are delivered via specialist couriers and we will email you the day before their delivery.
Whichever delivery option you choose, you will see your expected delivery date before you checkout. If you choose our standard delivery, this date is an estimate.
Help & Advice
Our Polished Edge Service provides a high gloss shine to edges of Acrylic. Choose between flame or diamond polishing. Tick the box to select this service.
Number of Holes
When selecting the number of holes, please consider the following:
- Location: Standard holes are drilled 1 inch from the edges, centered 1 inch apart in each corner or evenly spaced.
- Hole Size: We drill holes up to a maximum diameter of .750 inches.
Choose between standard holes, countersunk or tapping holes. Note that countersunk holes are not suitable for use with screw covers. Select 'Standard Holes' if you wish to use screw covers.
We can cut shapes from your Acrylics, such as socket holes in acrylic splashbacks.
Specify the number of corners you want rounded. For fewer than four corners, indicate which corners should be rounded.
- Radius: By default, we round corners with a 2-inch radius. Specify a different radius in the configurator if desired.
That's it! If we have any questions, we'll be in touch. Thank you.